tirsdag 20. november 2007

Outlands

I got impatient and decided to go to Outlands at level 58. It's a complete change of pace and I was level 60 after some hours of questing (bombing missions etc). At level 60 I went back to Ironforge and trained new spells and skills, and went back to Outlands to try some instances. I was curious how I would do on especially Nazan since I'd heard some people had some problems here.

Ramparts went really smooth up to Omor the Unscarred. I got owned twice, and after some research found that I'd written my decurse macros quite poorly. Once I fixed them he was pretty easy (if slightly chaotic with the bouncing around and stuff). My first try on Vazruden & Nazan ended pretty bad as I took over 2500 damage (over a period of 1-2 seconds) when the mount landed. Second try I downed them both with relative ease. Slight problem with a oom healer, but I had symbol of hope cooldown ready, so I was able to endure until Nazan was dead.

I then went to Furnace and proceeded to clear this instance as well. Some minor problems with healing aggro (I still suck at utilizing the priests fade and fear spells). Also the dual Felguard Annihilator pulls by the final boss gave me a headache or two. Need to work on iceblock/fear/fade those times where stun and taunt are on cooldown. It's alittle down to luck I guess as the felguards can charge different persons at the same time, and you have no way of taunting both. It needs to be said that my mages are extremely squishy though. I replaced some items yesterday that I'd had since before level 10. My Paladin went from 3500 buffed hitpoints to 6000 buffed hitpoints in one afternoon, so that should speak volumes for the changes that happens when you enter Outlands. Final boss in Furnace was really easy, although I had to reset the first encounter (Divine Intervention) due to healing aggro. But that was just because of sloppy play on my part. One thing that I've found is that having 2 extra ressers can be golden. If the priest dies and I see that I'm about to wipe, I can DI the shaman and save anhk. And vice verca, DI the priest.

Got the instance quests for Ramparts and Furnace done, and upgraded quite heavily on gear, and will continue to do this until I have all that I need from these two instances. After that I will probably run Slave Pens and The Underbog, but I will also probably do some questing since it's quite effective experience. Also worth noting, I did the Overlord quest, and almost wiped here due to totally underestimating him. This was fairly early in the day, so I hadn't upgraded much gear.

Ingen kommentarer: